Southwest Chicken cutlet Rice Bowl2018-03-15
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (5- to 6-oz.) chicken cutlets
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg. microwaveable long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium poblano chile, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 little jalapeno chile, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup finely shredded purple onion
- 1 cup recent or frozen, thawed corn kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons sliced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest and
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh juice
“Garnishes: griddlecake strips, lime wedges, salsa, cilantro”
Stir along one teaspoon salt, one teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper in a very little bowl. Rub every chicken slice with 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil. Rub every slice equally with salt mixture. Chill one to twenty four hours.
Cook rice in line with package directions. Cook chicken cutlets in one tablespoon hot oil in a very massive nonstick frying pan over medium-high till done and golden brown, four to six minutes on either side. Transfer to a platter, and cover with aluminum foil.
Add one tablespoon vegetable oil to frying pan. Cook chiles and onions till tender, about four minutes. Sprinkle mixture with remaining one teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add corn kernels and garlic, and cook one minute. Add one tablespoon vegetable oil, and stir in rice; cook, stirring till totally heated, about three minutes. take away from heat, and stir in cilantro, lime zest, and juice. Serve with cooked chicken.