Thai red chicken soup2018-03-17
- • 1 x 1.6 kg whole free-range chicken
- • 1 butternut squash (1.2kg)
- • 1 bunch of fresh coriander (30g)
- • 100 g Thai red curry paste
- • 1 x 400 ml tin of light coconut milk
1. Sit the chicken during a large, deep pan. carefully divide the squash length ways, then take away 3cm chunks, discarding the seeds. Slice the coriander stalks, raise the pan with the squash, curry paste and coconut milk, then pour in one l of water. cowl and simmer on a medium heat for one hour twenty minutes.
2. Use device to get rid of the chicken to a platter. Spoon any fat from the surface of the soup over the chicken, then sprinkle with 0.5 the coriander leaves. Serve with a pair of forks for divvying up the meat at the table. Use a potato masher to crush a number of the squash, giving your soup a thicker texture. Taste, oceanson to perfection with sea salt and black pepper, then divide between six bowls and sprinkle with the remaining coriander. Shred and add chicken, as you dig in.